The festival of Teej was in full swing at Guru Gobind Singh College for Women, Sector-26, Chandigarh, as the students and the staff celebrated it with great zeal and fervor. The students were dressed in the Indian traditional outfits, portraying the essence of the festival.Students, enthusiastically, participated in Miss Teej, Mehandi, Miss Sohni Mutiaar, Miss Punjaban Competition and the major attraction amongst all was the beautiful floral-adorned “Peengh” (swing) with a nostalgic flight.There were food-stall offering traditional food, “Kheer-Pooras” and delicious “Tikkis” and “Chaat”. Dance and Music further enhanced the festivity.The Principal, Dr. Jatinder Kaur, graced the occasion; she complimented the students for creating innovative and traditional aura, in the college. She also emphasized the significance of culture and tradition in our lives.Manpreet of BA-II was crowned ‘Miss Teej’, whereas Amanpreet won the ‘Sunakhi Mutiaar’ title. Arpana Kaushal and Simranpreet of BA-II jointly won ‘Miss Punjaban’ title. Simran Kaur of B.Sc-III got First Prize in Mehandi Competition and Yamini of B.Com-I the Second.Alongwith this, A Tree Plantation drive was organised by the Environment Society – VASUDHA and NSS Wing of the College, with a theme “EACH ONE, PLANT ONE”.The Principal, Dr. Jatinder Kaur and the Vice Principal, Mrs. Harpreet Kaur, graced the occasion and encouraged the staff and the students to plant the saplings. Around 75 saplings were planted to make our Environment Green.
- 169th Birth Anniversary Celebrations of Founder of Dev Samaj Kick off With Medical Camp
- Nissan India kick starts 11th edition of ‘Happy with Nissan’
- Auditions for Miss & Mrs Punjab Divas held .
- 1.Wunder School Unveiled With Pertinent Open Session, Unique Methodology without Homework and Tuitions Introduced.
- Motivational Book Launch by Buddhist Guru Ven. Bhikkhu Sanghasena of Mahabodhi Ladakh.