Department of Hindi of Guru Gobind Singh College for Women, Sector 26, Chandigarh celebrated Hindi Diwas on September 14, 2020 with great vigour and zeal. To mark this occasion an online intra college poetry recitation competition was organised by Dr. Aradhna Mehtani, Associate Professor of Department of Hindi. The competition involved recitation of poems written by renowned Hindi poets, Maithlisharn Gupta and Makhan Laal Chaturvedi. Around thirty students from colleges across Chandigarh participated in the event. Dr. Jaslene Dhaliwal, Head, Department of English graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. While addressing the students, Dr. Mehtani emphasised on the significance of Hindi as ‘Raj Bhasha’ and explained the difference between ‘Raj Bhasha’ and ‘Rashtrya Bhasha’. Concluding the competition, Dr. Jatinder Kaur, Principal of the college and Mrs. Prabhjot Kaur, the Vice Principal congratulated the winners and motivated them to respect their culture as well as the ‘Raj Bhasha’ Hindi.
- Hindi Diwas Celebrated at GGSCW-26
- National Webinar on New Education policy 2020: Challenges and Opportunities held at Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Colours of Love and Fun in Zee Punjabi’s ‘Tera Rang Chadheya’
- Gaming platform – GameSee created by Mohali based startup selected as TiE50 winner
- Shipra Goyal and Parmish Verma’s ‘Haye Tauba’ is surely a treat to the ears