‘With Immense zeal, fervor and excitement, the Environment Society- VASUDHA, in Guru Gobind Singh College for Women, Sector- 26, Chandigarh, organized an Inter –College competition ‘Akshay Urja Diwas’ sponsored by CREST, Chandigarh Administration, on 19th August, 2019. The theme of the event was ‘Energy Conservation’. Dr. Suman Mor, Associate Professor in the Department of Environment Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, graced the occasion with her presence. The students from various colleges actively participated in the event.The major events included Eco Rangoli, Poster Making, Face Painting and Essay Writing competition. The artistic skills of the students were exhibited at their best.The Principal, Dr. Jatinder Kaur, gave away ‘saplings’ as prizes, to promote the ‘Go-Green Drive’ to save our environment. Nidhi Sofat and Nendita of GCCBA-50 bagged the 1st position in Eco Rangoli followed by Ankita and Preeti of GGSCW-26 and Akanksha Rakheja and Prachi of PGGCG-42, 2nd &3rd position respectively. In Poster Making, Riya Kapoor of MCM DAV College-36, Indu of GGSCW Sector-26, Swahliya Bano of DSCW-45 were 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively. In Face Painting Competition, Vandana of PGGC-46 won the 1st prize, Kiran of GGSCW-26 and Manisha of SGGS-26 jointly won the 2nd and 3rd is won by Lavanya Kapoor of Govt. Home Science College, Sec-10. In Essay writing competition Nitika Madaan of PGGCG-42 won the 1st prize, followed by Simranjeet Kaur of SGGS-26, Vishakha Upmanyu of DSC for Education, Sec-36 wining 2nd & 3rd respectively.The faculty and the students made every possible effort to make the event a grand success.
- Dr. SS Bhatti Launches his latest book, ‘Shiv Datt Sharma Life and Work’
- State level meeting of Hindustan Scouts and Guides Chandigarh held at DAV Senior Secondary School Sector 8 (Lahore)
- 700-800 Sepsis Patients reported Annually’ Sepsis can lead to multiple organ failure and death if not treated promptly: Dr. A.K. Mandal
- The king of Highway Cuisine unveiled in Chandigarh.
- 52nd Engineers Day Celebrated by ‘Punjabi Engineers Welfare Society’